While true happiness may have a different definition to each of us, science can give us a glimpse at the underlying biological factors behind happiness. From the food we eat to room temperature, there are thousands of factors that play a role in how our brains work and the moods that we are in. Understanding these factors can be helpful in achieving lasting happiness.
Infographic by Webpage FX
Aveed Long-Acting Testosterone Approved by FDA
Aveed is the U.S. equivalent to the long-acting testosterone formulation known in other parts of the world as Nebido, and it was recently approved by the FDA. Aveed is being touted as having “major advantages” over T. cypionate and T.enanthate, including fewer injections (about every 2 to 3 months), less fluctuation in testosterone levels, and possibly less risk of erythrocytosis.
A group called Connecticut Working Mom’s has put together an AMAZING photo spread called “Lets End The Mommy Wars”. The photo shoot was about embracing their different parenting choices.
“Let’s end the mommy wars, once and for all, by tapping into our compassion and letting go of our judgments. Cause seriously people, the world needs more love and less judgment.”
Check them out on Facebook!
i like this so much
holy fuck this is incredible. yes yes yes.
WOMEN SUPPORTING WOMEN
It’s Monday, so that means it’s time for a new It’s Okay To Be Smart!
This week’s video is near and dear to my heart, as both a Texan and someone who loves science. I took a trip across Austin over to Franklin Barbecue, home of the best brisket in America, to talk to the master himself about the science of BBQ.
You’ll learn about what happens to the proteins in meat when it gets barbecued, the chemistry of tenderness, the biochemical origin of the “smoke ring”, and how slow cooking over smoke might just be the most tasty application of chemistry and thermodynamics ever.
Bonus points if you can figure out which tasty chemicals are featured in the GIF above.
where do you get Cheetos that big
that’s a chihuahua
Those are carrots.
this post is a mess.
my chi will do almost anything for carrots . . and then the next day his poops are carrots.
View more of Emily’s beautiful artwork at her website
Find out more about award winning author Nicola at her blog/website
mr. g. and jellybean.
- clean bathroom tips
- organize your closet
- how to fix a leaky faucet
- how to keep a clean kitchen
- removing stains from your carpet
- how to coupon
- what to do when you can’t pay your bills
- see if you’re paying too much for your cell phone bill
- how to save money
- How to Balance a Check Book
- How to do Your Own Taxes
- how to take care of yourself when you’re sick
- things to bring to a doctor’s appointment
- what to expect from your first gynecologist appointment
- how to make a doctor’s appointment
- how to pick a health insurance plan
- a list of stress relievers
- how to get free therapy
- what to do if you get pulled over by a cop
- a list of hotlines in a crisis
- things to keep in your car in case of an emergency
- recipes that take 30 minutes or less
- Yummy apple thing
- Brownie in a cup
- Cookie in a cup
- French bread pizza
- Egg tacos
- panera mac n cheese recipe
- different salad recipes
- harry potter recipes
- healthy recipes
- various cookie recipes
- chocolate cupcakes w/ eggless cookie dough topping
- s’mores pie
- nutella hot chocolate
- peanut butter nutella swirl cookies
- cookie in a mug
- starbucks holiday drinks
- fruit leathers
- brownie in a mug
- how to make ramen 1000x better
- eggless cookie dough (not to bake, just to eat)
- make recipes using things you already have
- how to put together a very fancy cheese plate
- make different flavored lemonades
- various desert recipes
- make tiny chocolate chip cookies
- 20 dishes every cook should know
- learn how to make your own tea
- Macaroni and cheese in a mug
- Study snacks (2)
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipes
- what the hell is a mortgage?
- first apartment essentials checklist
- how to care for cacti and succulents
- the care and keeping of plants
- Getting an apartment
- time management
- create a resume
- find the right career
- how to pick a major
- how to interview for a job
- How to write cover letters
- ULTIMATE PACKING LIST
- Traveling for Cheap
- Travel Accessories
- The Best Way to Pack a Suitcase
- How To Read A Map
- How to Apply For A Passport
- How to Make A Travel Budget
I’ve been living on my own for almost 4 years now and I have like 50 tabs open.
Bless the person who put together this post, it ought to be made into a pamphlet for everyone in highschool/college.
Lambda Legal is sponsoring the Philadelphia debut screening of “Just Gender” June 3rd.
"Just Gender" is a feature-length educational documentary which explores the breadth of transgender diversity and the experiences of daily life within the trans community. The event is free of charge and a Q & A panel will follow.
GOOOOOO! if you are in / near/ will be in philly ! GOO !
I can’t even begin to describe the brilliance of this segment.
i’m screaming. she’s fucking awesome. anyone know where this can be found as an actual video?